FEDERAL DIVORCE LAWS
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Health & Human Services
U.S. Federal Law Departments
Divorce Web Sites
Additional Useful Sites
Child Custody Parenting Plans
Parenting & Family Resources
Federal Family Support Resources
States of America
U.S. Federal Law Departments
State-by-State Divorce Law Directory
State-by-State Legal & Social Services
Divorce & Marriage Support
- Dispute Resolution: ADA Mediation Program.
- Domestic Violence: Office on Violence Against Women.
- Domestic and Family Violence Information Resources.
Help for Victims, Stalking Information Resources.
Security Administration - Marriage, Divorce, Name/Address Change.
- Changing your name on your Social Security card.
- How divorce affects your future retirement benefits.
- How divorce affects survivors benefits.
- How marriage may affect your adult disabled child benefits.
Title IV-D -
Part D, Child Support and Establishment
- Federal Parent Locator Service. Support Obligations.
Civil Actions to Enforce Support.
U.S. Department of Labor -
Wage garnishment ... child
Employment Law Guide Chapter: Wage Garnishment:
- Who Is Covered, Basic Provisions/Requirements, Employee Rights,
Compliance Assistance Available, Penalties/Sanctions,
Relation to State, Local, Federal Laws.
Federal Judicial Center
Agency for the Federal Courts.
Supreme Court of the United States - Court Rules, Opinions, Public
Legislative Information -
The Library of Congress (Bills)
Search Bill Text: "divorce" - Child Support
Enforcement Act of 2005.
- To amend title II of the Social Security Act to eliminate the two-year
waiting period for
divorced spouse's benefits following the divorce.
- Expressing the sense of the Congress that joint custody laws for fit
parents should be passed
by each State, so that more children are raised with the
benefits of having a father and...
United States Code -
Search: Office of
the Law Revision Counsel.
Section 659a. International Support Enforcement - Procedures for
the establishment and
enforcement of duties of support owed to obligees who are residents of
the United States.
Section 228. Failure to Pay Legal Child Support Obligations -
Travels in interstate or foreign
commerce with the intent to evade a support obligation, if such
obligation has remained ...
National Child Support
Enforcement Association - Voice for the Child Support Community.
Nonprofit, organization representing the child support community - mission
is to promote the
well-being of children through professional development of its membership,
Legal Services Corporation
- Find Legal Assistance.
Distributes $303.8 million in grants in 2007 to 138 programs with 900 offices
that provide civil
legal aid to low-income Americans in all 50 states, the District of Columbia
and U.S. territories.
Institute - National Organization.
Dedicated to informing
and offering support to judicial families.
Military Defense Finance &
Accounting Service - Garnishment
DFAS Cleveland processes all court ordered garnishment for child support,
alimony and commercial debts for all military members and all civilian