FEDERAL DIVORCE LAWS
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Health & Human Services
U.S. Federal Law Departments
Divorce Web Sites
Additional Useful Sites
Child Custody Parenting Plans
Parenting & Family Resources
Federal Family Support Resources
States of America
Mississippi Home Page
» Living in Mississippi
» Fast Facts: Research Child Support
Government, Learning in
Legal Resources, Vital Records: Birth/Death/Marriage.
Secretary of State
Mississippi Unannotated Code
Mississippi Code at
Mississippi Code, then
type the number in the search box.
Title 93 Domestic Relations:
Marriage, Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Name
Change, Grandparents' Visitation,
Domestic Abuse, Interstate Enforcement, Termination of Rights,
Chapter 5 Divorce & Alimony
93-5-24 Types of Custody Awarded by the
In making an order for custody to either parent or to
both parents jointly, the court, in its
discretion, may require the parents to submit to the court a
plan for the implementation of
the custody order.
Department of Human Services
Responsible Fatherhood Initiative: To train,
educate, encourage, and assist fathers.
» Public Services: Child Support Enforcement,
Child Abuse Hot Line, Background Check.
Division of Child Support Enforcement
» Frequently Asked Questions:
- Divisions within Child Support Enforcement.
- How long will I receive child
- Why is there a Child Support Program?
- What is the purpose of child support?
- How do I apply for child support services? - How much child support
will I receive?
- How will you get my child support from the noncustodial parent?
Access and Visitation Program:
- What is access and visitation? - What about visitation rights?
- What are the benefits of the program? - Who is eligible to
participate in MAV-P?
ASAP Program: Paternity
- Why is it important to establish paternity? - How can paternity be
- Will the father's name be added to the birth certificate?
- Does there have to be a court hearing? - What about visitation
» Law Library - Search Box Enter: divorce,
child custody, family law, child support.
» Rules: Mississippi Rules of Evidence, Court
Annexed Mediation Rules for Civil Litigation.
State Child Support Information Link
Combines data from delinquent child support obligor records
into one accessible
database, to intercept insurance
settlements owed to delinquent child support obligors.
Administration for Children and Families - U.S.
Department of Health
States' Profile of Child Support - Office of Child
General/State-At-A-Glance, Interstate Family
Support Act, With what foreign countries
does your State reciprocate? Age of Majority, Statute of
Limitations, Support Details,
Income Withholding, Paternity, Support Order Establishment,
Support Modification & Review.